Friends of the Kayaderosseras is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization established in March 2004 to conserve and protect the Kayaderosseras Creek and its watershed in Saratoga County, New York for purposes of conservation, education, and recreation.
The mission of The Friends of the Kayaderosseras is to promote awareness and appreciation of the Kayaderosseras Creek and to inspire action to conserve and protect the creek and its watershed as both natural and a community resource.
1. Partnership: Work with other groups, watershed landowners and users of the creek in both the public and private sectors in partnership to promote public access for low-impact recreational uses of the creek.
2. Conservation: Improve water quality and aquatic habitat by reducing erosion and sedimentation, pollution, and littering within the watershed.
3. Stewardship: Foster a sense of individual and municipal stewardship for this valuable natural resource through education, communication, and program coordination.
4. Administration: Establish a legitimate, viable organization to coordinate activities to achieve the stated goals.
Activities May Include:
1. Plantings and hands-on activities
2. Litter cleanup
3. Talks and tours on land and water
4. Campaigns for watershed conservation
5. Community education and planning
6. Water quality testing
Guidelines for action:
1. Work from an ethical base to achieve a healthy balance between:
a. Landowners’ concerns
b. Opportunities for low-impact recreation
c. Environmental protection
2. Maintain credibility by:
a. Staying informed
b. Working to professional standards
c. Obeying the law
3. Partner in harmonious ways with individuals, municipalities and organizations to achieve common goals.
Incorporated with New York State under Section 402 of the Not-For-Profit Corporation Law Exempt from Federal income tax under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code