With the Kayaderosseras as our classroom, FoK Nature Walks are a fun way to learn about the Kayaderosseras and its surrounding ecosystem. Each walk focuses on a specific topic, which can be anything from wildflower and birdsong identification, to riparian plant communities or stream geology, to finding signs of wildlife and edible plants! It’s a great way to spend a morning, meet fellow FoK members, and deepen your understanding of the Kayaderosseras and the plants and animals that depend on it.
* All walks are family-friendly and take place rain or shine.
* Trail conditions are highly variable. Please wear sturdy shoes that can get wet and muddy.
* Ticks and mosquitoes are ever-present, so bring bug-repellent if you desire. We will do a brief tick check after each walk, and remind everyone to do a thorough check when you get home.
* Always a good idea: Bring a small backpack to carry water, bug dope, raincoat and a snack.
* These walks are for people only; please leave pets at home.