What Is Next: March 11, 2019
The Annual Meeting will be on Monday March 11th at 7:00pm in the Gideon Putnam Room at the Spa Park Admin building.
Dan Gejay will be our guest speakers discussing trout fishing on the Kayaderosseras and our stocking program.
Dan is an avid fly fisherman from Schenectady, and has been fishing the K for 10 years and has helped with the FoK trout stockings the last few years.
- What makes the K such a special fishery
- FoK stream stocking efforts (where we stock, why we stock there, #s of fish, holdover rates, etc)
- Beginners guide to fishing the K
- Intro to fly fishing
Welcome to Friends of the Kayaderosseras
Friends of the Kayaderosseras (FoK) is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization established in March 2004 to protect the Kayaderosseras Creek and its watershed in Saratoga County, New York, for purposes of conservation, education, and recreation.
Our mission is to promote awareness and appreciation of the Kayaderosseras Creek, locally known as the “Kaydeross”, and to inspire action to preserve and protect the creek, its tributaries and its watershed as habitat for fish and wildlife, and as a recreational and scenic resource for residents and visitors in surrounding communities.
1. Partnership: Work with other groups, watershed landowners and users of the Kaydeross in both the public and private sectors in partnership to promote public access for low-impact recreational uses of the creek.
2. Conservation: Improve water quality and aquatic habitat by reducing erosion and sedimentation, pollution, and littering within the watershed.
3. Stewardship: Foster a sense of individual and municipal stewardship for this valuable natural resource through education, communication, and program coordination.